By Jeffrey Winesett
It is a step by step instructional for constructing net functions utilizing Yii. This ebook follows the test-first, incremental, and iterative method of software program improvement whereas constructing a undertaking activity administration software known as "TrackStar". when you are a personal home page programmer with wisdom of item orientated programming and wish to speedily enhance sleek, refined net purposes, then this booklet is for you. No past wisdom of Yii is needed to learn this ebook.
Read Online or Download Agile Web Application Development with Yii 1.1 and PHP5: Fast-track your web application development by harnessing the power of the Yii PHP Framework PDF
Similar applied mathematicsematics books
Ebook by way of Iea
- Music Therapy and Group Work: Sound Company
- Optimal Reserve and Export Policies for the California Almond Industry: Theory, Econometrics and Simulations
- Grundungserfolg wissensintensiver Dienstleister: Theoretische und empirische Uberlegungen aus Sicht der Competence-based Theory of the Firm
- Intelligent Control Systems: An Introduction with Examples (Applied Optimization, Volume 60) (Applied Optimization)
- Communications In Mathematical Physics - Volume 300
- Laminar Composites
Additional info for Agile Web Application Development with Yii 1.1 and PHP5: Fast-track your web application development by harnessing the power of the Yii PHP Framework
So much so that $this within a view file refers to the controller class that rendered the view. In the preceding example, we explicitly fed the time to the view file from the controller by using the second argument in the render method. This second argument explicitly sets variables that are immediately available to the view file, but there is another approach we encourage you to try out for yourself. Alter the previous example by defining a public class property on MessageController, rather than a locally scoped variable, whose value is the current date and time.
Luckily, doing so is easy. Yii comes with a simple requirement checking tool. php The following screenshot shows the results we see for our configuration: [ 18 ] Chapter 2 Using the Requirement Checker is not itself a requirement for installation, but it is certainly recommended to ensure proper installation. As you can see, not all of our results under the Details section received a Passed status, as some display a Warning. Of course, your configuration will most likely be slightly different from ours and consequently, your results may slightly differ as well.
The second parameter is an array that holds the value for our controllerID/actionID pair. The results are displayed in the following figure: 3. >
4. r=message/goodbye You should now see an active link back to the Hello, World! page from the Goodbye page, as shown in the following screenshot: [ 33 ] Getting Started Summary In this chapter, we constructed an extremely simple application to demonstrate: • How to install the Yii Framework • How to use the yiic command to bootstrap the creation of a new Yii application • How to use the yiic command to create a new controller within the application • How Yii turns incoming requests into calls to your code • How to create dynamic content within a controller and have it accessible to the view files for display to the browser • How to link internal application pages together We have demonstrated ways to link web pages together in our simple application.